Sometimes your relationship communication doesn’t work (which is frustrating itself), but deep down, you’re afraid this means he or she doesn’t respect or value you when you’re not being heard.
…and that’s the part that hurts.
The Compassionate Communication Course will significantly improve your relationship communication and give you a steady sense that you’re respected, that you matter, and are loved.
This course lifts you out your ineffective communication grooves and gives you a new framework from which to communicate where you will experience peace, harmony, and a deeper connection in your relationship.
Specifically, this course will help you to:
- Speak up for what you want in a way that can be heard. There is nothing more empowering than to be able to know exactly what is true for you in any given moment and being able to express that to your partner in a gentle non-blaming way so he/she can hear you.
- Listen in a way that your partner really feels heard: People who think they are good listeners are surprised by a new level of empathetic listening they learn in the course. Empathetic listening is a magic invitation for the other to respond in kind.
- Transform judgment and criticism into understanding and connection: It is not enough to say to ourselves or others, “Stop judging!” You will learn a viable alternative way to express yourself that will replace the judgments and criticisms. You’ll also learn to hear judgments in a new way.
- Improved sense of emotional and physical intimacy: What’s the first thing that goes when resentments build from poor communication? Yep, physical and emotional intimacy…the lifeblood of a relationship.
- Both get what you want more often without using demands, guilt or shame: Granted, guilt, demands and shame “works” to get someone to do something for us, but at what cost? Resentful compliance? Reluctant giving? Silent Defiance? You’ll learn to request exactly what you want in a cleaner way that will inspire the other to want to give to you.
- Adopt a new communication framework that moves you beyond power struggles to cooperation and trust: There is a tremendous amount of relief when you can get to the level of trusting each other to want to come up with solutions that you both feel good about.
Here are some potential reasons why this Compassionate Communication Course is the ultimate investment in yourself.
Quite simply, what is it worth to you if you resolve these issues?
- Money Issues (How much is made and spent; who spends it on what)
- Sexual Differences (frequency, ways to satisfy, decreases in sexual desire or drive, and fidelity)
- Communication (not enough, the way it is done)
- Time Spent Together (Amount and quality of time, who to spend it with)
- Intimacy Issues (Emotional intimacy, availability differences)
- Lack of Commitment (“follow through” with agreements)
- Children and Step Children Issues (how to raise)
- Unequal Need Fulfillment (One partner getting all their needs met at the expense of their partner)
- Jealousy and Control Issues (insecurities)
- Household Chores (who does what, fairness)
- Families and In-laws (conflicts, personalities, etc.)
Your return on investment comes either as a decrease in frustration, disappointment, or hurt in dealing with ongoing issues, or it comes as an increase, in intimacy, connection, or effectiveness or both!
If the course helps you resolve even one of these issues above, it is worth it. But the reality is this course has the potential to resolve ALL the issues above once you learn the principles.
Just imagine the relief you’ll feel the in knowing your communication with your partner is easy and you can honestly talk about anything.
Right now you may not believe it is possible, but that’s because you’re coming from a mindset that doesn’t include the Compassionate Communication skills.
We give you the vital tools necessary for you to honestly express what is going on with you, and to connect with what is going on with your partner. We coach you to foster this mutual connection in such a way that many long-standing problems are calmly resolved.
We CAN make this a reality in your relationship!
Course Tuition: Only $275.00 per person
We have only 16 Spots Available for This Life-Changing Course on a First-Come First Basis.
8-Week Compassionate Course Structure and Cost
Group Details: A group will come together once a week for eight consecutive weeks from 6:30-8:30 pm. In these group sessions, people will get first-hand experience learning and use the compassionate framework before they apply it in their daily life.
Workbook and Course Book: Each participant will receive a free workbook that is a companion to the book Nonviolent Communication, A Language of Life, by Marshall Rosenberg. You will have to purchase this book.
Practice Partner Sessions: Each week you will have experiential exercises to do outside the group work with a partner. This helps you apply the knowledge and skills to your life.
For Couples and Singles: You don’t have to come as a couple to participate in the course. Many single people take the course.
Cost: $275 per person (Spilt payment options available)
Location: Asheville Compassionate Communication Center, 150 E.Chestnut St. #1, Asheville, NC 28801
Registration: There is a limit to the group size. It will be on first come, first serve basis. Don’t put it off, reserve your spot now. Fill out an online Registration Form and take your relationship to the next level.
One of the most common comments I get from people around week four of the course is this:
“I wish I had learned this years ago; my life would have been so much easier.”
This is the point where they have the profound realization about how to speak differently, and they see this compassionate way has less wear and tear on their soul.
Sadly, many single people who have taken the course realized they could have saved their prior relationship/marriage that ended had they know and used these skills.
Poor Communication In Your Relationship is Not Yours or your Partner’s Fault!
I’m sure many of you have tried and tried to communicate differently on your own. Maybe you’ve gone to therapy, done lots of personal growth work or made lots of effort to change how you relate to your partner with little or no results.
I would guess you might have ended up blaming yourself or your partner. But please let me assure you…
There is no one to blame!
Why? Because here’s the critical thing that most people overlook: We can consciously want to change the way we communicate, but our unconscious communication habits are emotionally based and have kind of an immunity to change. They win out most of the time over conscious intention. And this is NOT your fault nor your partner’s fault, it is just life.
I believe we all want to be heard, to have ease and loving connections in our relationships; the problem is, we all have learned a way of communicating that is entrenched in an ineffective framework; or we unconsciously respond in ways that block the flow of compassion, understanding, and empathy.
That’s why I designed a comprehensive Course to support people in transforming their communication on a deep level for lasting results! Please join us on this new level of connection.